Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Inaugural Blog

Today was a pretty momentous day. I took my five year old girl for her first school visit. She was elated to be there. Didn't even turn around to watch me leave and say I love you. Seemed keen to get on with her schooling life (We'll see how she feels in a few years!). I, on the other hand, was very emotional.

Once we came back home I decided that I should take photos of my bags so that I can get this blog rolling, even if it was spitting out! I am pretty pleased with the weather so far, because once the heat starts, it will seem like we live on the sun!

I will post pics of my creations everyday until I run out. But what should I start with first? Big hard bags or small little wristlets? I think I will do a lucky dip... that will be best.

So today, meet three sisters. It is a very busy pattern. I like to try to co-ordinate patterned fabric. Here I've got some Anna Maria Horner and Amy Butler as well as a gorgeous Batik. I love Batiks. I first drew the shape of the ladies and then came up with the idea of the three, one is separate because I wanted to show the gold strip - a Psychiatrist would say otherwise!

Front of Three Sisters
Back of three sisters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment